Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Finally getting a routine!

So its been a few months, 3 1/2 to be exact....but who's counting! We FINALLY seem to be getting the hang of this homeschool thing! We are getting into our routine and system which is working well. We get up, breakfast, get dressed and get to school work! I get Steph started on her work then I have been working with Emily this week. She is making a "word" book, so the first page is an "at" page....words like cat, bat, rat ect....today she did an OG page.....I had to keep reminding myself "she's just a 5 year old, this is just kindergarten". She kept getting side tracked, wanted to write both uppercase and lower case letters for dog....so it looked like this
DdOoGg LOL I let her do it because its great practice writing the letters! I have such a hard time telling them "that's wrong" hate to discourage her in any way. She wanted the Mommy letters to be with the baby letters......there is a REASON to her systems ALWAYS! So then I explained to her that this time I wanted her to write the mommy letter at the beginning and all of her babies after that :) Seriously she is going to be SO MUCH FUN!!! Love her imagination!!!! Oh and then she wanted to be a leopard and write with her "paws" (after I wouldn't let her write with her mouth).

Ok off to get some updated pics of our caterpillars!

No comments:

Post a Comment